Friday, February 15, 2013

Hello Cancun, Casa Maya.

Imperial Fiesta Club at Casa Maya is our new place for 3 weeks before we fly back to our real home in Boston. We traded into this condo using our timeshare weeks with Interval International, something we do every year with the weeks we own in Orlando. 1 bedroom, open space living room, dining and kitchen. Completely different from the other places we've stayed at here in the Yucatan, we're on the 8th floor, an elevator is needed, there's a lobby, gift shop and all the amenities of a resort. Including white wrist bands we have to wear at all times. Tomorrow morning I'll join in on the stretching and water exercises that I just found out about today. There are activities, along with 80's music, all day for young and old.
Huge beach area with lots of room for all the guests, great palapas, lounge chairs and a towel bar, as well as other drinking bars and restaurants, the complete package.

 The view from our balcony on the 8th floor. There are much fancier places along hotel row here in Cancun, but this is one of the better swimming beaches.

 Welcome to Casa Maya. 




  Everything very nice and clean, and the wifi works well. Small extra charge for wifi.



This great old boat is at our beach, more photos coming on this. 

 Down the beach from us, in a more developed area. Beautiful beaches all along the coast with warm water!

 Dinner on the beach at Casa Maya.

Playing with my iPhone, waiting for the food to arrive.

Classic beach shot, lots of hanging out in the sun. I'm under my palapa in the shade, enjoying the mix of languages from all over, I think these people were from Romania? 

All the above photos were taken with my iPhone and processed in either iPhoto or Snapseed. My iPhone has a lower profile so people don't notice me getting shots like they do when I carry my Canon Rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment